PROCARE is looking to add a Diesel Mechanic to our team.
This position must be capable of performing the required tasks of vehicle maintenance and repairs with minimal support from others. The Technician works under minimal supervision of Management, exercising some judgment and discretion in resolving issues or making repairs. Key roles include all technician tasks including, but not limited to the following: Interacts with drivers to properly determine root cause of complaint once assigned a task. Performs preventive maintenance, facility maintenance duties, utilizes key functions of shop management system and other electronic systems available, works in accordance with all federal/state and corporate compliance guidelines (ex: safety, DOT), replaces defective components as instructed, and other support duties as required. Diagnoses complex mechanical and electronic problems utilizing diagnostic computer when applicable, completes complex and detailed mechanical inspections and repairs with minimal supervision, demonstrate the ability to access and use internal and external maintenance documents.
Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience with mechanical repairs and diagnostics on heavy duty and medium duty equipment.
- Maintain equipment to desired performance levels.
- Complete work orders in a timely manner maintaining high quality standards
- Keep management informed of safety, operator and equipment observations and concerns
- Perform prescribed Preventative Maintenance.
- Ensure all paperwork is filled out in a clear, legible and accurate format, and completed with required information.
- Ensure all required information is documented in accordance with SOP’s.
- Utilizing continuous improvement mindset, assist in identifying opportunities to improve processes.
- Experience with snow removal and salting equipment
- Experience with bucket trucks and tree equipment
- Maintain a clean, sanitary and safe work area.
- Follow all required work safe practices. This would include wearing of all required PPE in designated areas, confined space safety, safe chemical handling, fall restraints, etc.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to weld with some fabrication
- 2-cycle experience is a plus
- High School Diploma or GED preferred; two years related experience and/or training; or, equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
- Mechanic Certifications and CDL-A preferred or willing to get it – experience trumps certification starting out
- Must be able to stand, walk, kneel, bend, reach, crawl required for virtually the entire shift.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and assist others when lifting is required. Manipulation of tools, equipment and truck component is required.
- Must be computer literate, and have experience with engine, ABS, transmission, etc. diagnostic equipment and software.
- Must be able to work in a dusty, greasy environment with moderate to high noise volume.
- Must be willing to work flexible hours including overtime, weekends and holidays.
- Be able to effectively work in a team environment.
Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to pass all pre-employment screens (including drug, background and criminal checks)
PROCARE Landscape Management and CHOP provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, , national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.